Curbside Garbage Collections
NOTICE: IN OBSERVANCE OF YORKTOWN DAY – OCTOBER 19TH, 2017
ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICE – CLOSED
TRANSFER STATION– OPEN NORMAL HOURS
CITIZEN DROP OFF FOR TRASH AND RECYCLING – OPEN NORMAL HOURS
VPPSA COMPOST FACILITY –OPEN NORMAL HOURS
TRASH AND RECYCLING COLLECTIONS NOT AFFECTED BY THE HOLIDAY-ALL COLLECTIONS WILL OCCUR ON THE REGULAR SCHEDULED PICKUP DAY FOR THE WEEK
Residents interested in curbside garbage collection should note the following:
- Available to single family homes, eligible trailer homes, town-homes, and small businesses
- Program subscribers may bring household waste and/or construction debris to the Waste Management Center’s Transfer Station and citizen drop-off center free of charge.
- Subscribers may also schedule a bulk pickup for furniture or appliances at no additional charge.
- Please do not place construction material in your trash receptacle.
- Contractors, residents from other localities and County residents who do not subscribe to the County’s curbside collection program who bring waste to York County’s Transfer Station will be charged a tipping fee of $52 per ton (prorated by weight with a minimum fee of $7 for the first 260 pounds).
- Subscribing contractors who wish to deliver materials from their personal residences must contact the York County Waste Management Center at 890-3780 at least one week in advance to allow staff to inspect the material to be delivered while still on the grounds of the residence. This is required to ensure that the materials being brought to the transfer station are in fact residential and not commercial in nature.
- Service Charges
- Determine your Garbage Collection Day
- Program Guidelines - How not to get caught "holding the bag"!
- Additional services can be provided at your request, however you will need to call the Waste Management Center to tailor the service to your needs.
For additional information or to schedule a bulk collection, call the Waste Management Center at 890-3780. or use the Public Works Customer Service System.