How can I find out who owns or maintains the ditches and pipes?
First, if it is parallel to the Road it is in VDOT right-of-way (ROW) and is their responsibility to maintain and repair. If it is outside the VDOT ROW, then you can find out by looking at the plat for your property or subdivision. If you don't have a copy of this, you can find it on the County website by going to property information and looking up the address.

Once you are on the property in question go to the map and under tools on the upper right side click on identify, then go to the left side under layers at the pop down box click on plat link. Go back to the parcel in question and click on it again, then click on the more information link and you should be able to see the subdivision plat.

If that doesn't work or you're still not sure, go to the Public Works Service Request link and put in your complaint. You will be provided a work order request number. The County will respond within 24 hours of the next work day.

Complete a Public Works Service Request.

Show All Answers

1. Who do I call about a drainage problem?
2. Who maintains the ditches near my property?
3. How can I find out who owns or maintains the ditches and pipes?
4. How do I find out what flood zone my property is in?
5. What can I do to reduce flooding?
6. How does stormwater get treated?
7. What is an Illicit Discharge?
8. How can I help reduce pollution?
9. What is TMDL?
10. What are the hours of operations for Waste Management?
11. Why didn't my trash get collected?
12. My trash container is missing or damaged. What should I do?
13. How do I dispose of my trash when not collected?
14. How does my trash get collected on a holiday?
15. May I put yard debris in my trash container?
16. Can I put my tires out at the curb for pickup?
17. If I am a contractor bringing waste or yard debris from my residence, do I have to pay?
18. How can I provide feedback on customer service?