York County offers 6 professionally made courts for public use at Back Creek Park. Our 6 courts have been designed to provide players with the opportunity to play tennis or pickleball. If you are unfamiliar with these games but would like to learn, please see the links on this page.
Reservations are not needed to utilize courts but are recommended for large groups. If you decide to make a reservation, we can only accept them up to 1-week in advance.
While our courts are available year-round, staff may not always be on-site to monitor. If park staff are not on-site, please call our main office at 757-890-3500 (M-F 8:15 am to 5 pm) to let us know you are using our courts for your safety.
For everyone's safety and enjoyment, the following are prohibited:
- Bicycles, skateboards, in-line skates, hockey, or other non-tennis activities
- Climbing on, hitting, or kicking balls into fences
- Foul and/or abusive language
- Pets on courts
- Private instruction and/or classes for hire, except as approved by Parks and Recreation
- Sitting, pushing, or pulling on tennis nets or center straps
- Street shoes on courts. Only smooth-soled sneakers or tennis shoes may be worn