October 30, 2020
Bring Your Playful Pups to Saturday’s Paws at the River Market! Next week, Vintage Market Returns to the MAC
- It’s going to be a PAWSITIVELY fabulous Halloween this Saturday, Oct. 31 as Yorktown Market Days celebrates its annual Paws at the River. More than 50 vendors and artists will line the Riverwalk with the market fun extending down to the green in front of Water Street Grille. That’s where you'll find several pet vendors and animal rescue organizations. The market runs 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with free pet pictures from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. (If you are in line by noon, you will get your photo taken. All images will be uploaded to Visit Yorktown’s Facebook page on Nov. 2). The Halloween Pet Parade takes place at 1 p.m. and will make a short loop around the market (social distancing will apply and masks must be worn to participate in the parade). NEW this year - participating businesses will hand out goodies from 10 to 3. A trick-or-treat map will be posted at Visit Yorktown along with several signs displayed throughout town that day. A limited number of bags will be available at each location. Your child may also want to bring his or her own to the market. For visitors with dogs who are skittish around loud noises, please make note that the Fifes and Drums of York Town will march through the area at 10 a.m.
- COMING UP NEXT WEEK: Market fun moves to the MAC (McReynolds Athletic Complex). If you enjoy shopping for restored old furniture; vintage clothing and jewelry; and one-of-a-kind handcrafted pieces—you don’t want to miss York County's Vintage Market on November 7. You're invited to browse the McReynolds Athletic Complex from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. to search for collectibles, antiques, art, accessories, and unique home décor! www.visityorktown.org
Deadline Approaches for District 4 Residents to Apply for Board Vacancy
- Citizens interested in applying for appointment have until 5 p.m., Friday, November 6, to submit their paperwork. You must be registered to vote in District 4 in order to qualify for appointment. The application form and instructions are available online.
Visit the York County Public Libraries on Mondays beginning Nov. 2
- The Tabb and Yorktown branches of the York County Public Library adds Mondays to its days of operation effective Monday, November 2. These branches will now be open 10 a.m. to 7 p.m., Monday through Thursday; and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., Friday and Saturday. Both libraries will be closed on Sunday. Welcome back, Mondays at the Libraries!
Grafton School Complex Reopens as Polling Place for Election Day; Early In Person Voting Concludes Saturday, October 31
- Grafton precinct voters will be casting their votes on Election Day at the Grafton School Complex on Grafton Drive. The polling place was temporarily closed due to a February 3 fire that occurred at the school. This location is back open for those registered voters to cast their ballots! For more information, please see today’s press release.
- The last day for citizens to vote early in person at one of the Voter’s Registrar’s Office locations is tomorrow, October 31 at 5 p.m. The Registrar’s Offices are located in Washington Square Shopping Center and Victory Village Shopping Center. Offices are open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, visit the Registrar’s Office website or call (757) 890-3440.