2020 Summer Reading Challenges
Thank you for participating in our 2020 Summer Reading Program: Imagine Your Story. We had four Imagine Your Story reading challenge programs. Participants read books and completed activities to earn digital badges. Story time, craft and science themed videos were available weekly on Facebook and YouTube. Did you miss out on a video? Many are still available on our YouTube Channel.
Congratulations to our Raffle Winners!
Reading books and completing activities not only earned digital badges and bragging rights for our challenge participants, tasks also awarded them raffle tickets that could be entered into our raffle prize drawings. Here are this year's winners:
- Linda A. won the Grand Prize Drawing of two tickets to the Patriot Tours and Provisions 1-Hour Breeze Segway Tours
- Robin B. won the Date Night Prize Pack
- Angela P. won the Coffee Break Prize Pack
- Elizabeth M. won the Wellness Prize Pack
- Blake B. won the Grand Prize Kindle Fire
- Mackenzie J. won the Night In Prize Pack
- Caroline W. won the Book Lovers Prize Pack
- Diane H. won the Local Delights Prize Pack
- Christina M. won the ViewMaster Deluxe VR Viewer
- John G. won the MiniCoaster Construction Kit
A special thanks to our sponsors for providing some of our prizes: Mobjack Bay Coffee Roasters, Parks Orthodontics, Persnickety Crane Cafe, and the York County Library Foundation.
Community Challenge Reading Goals Met
All summer reading participants worked toward our community reading goals. When we reached those goals, library staff were pied in the face. Our goals were:
Level One: 2000 hours read
Youth Services Librarian Jenna gets pied in the face.
Level Two: 4000 hours read
Programming Librarian Beth gets pied in the face.
Level Three: 6000 hours read
Library Director Kevin gets pied in the face.
As a community, we read 561,187 minutes, or over 9,353 hours, which means we achieved more than our three milestones! Awesome job! Don't forget to visit our YouTube Channel to see these staff members get pied as we reached reading milestones!
What did you think of this year's program? We know that things were different this year. We worked hard to bring you the best program we could under the circumstances. Now we want to know how the program went for you, and what suggestions you might have for next year's program. Please feel out the following survey to help us plan an even better program in 2021: Summer Reading Feedback Survey.