Year Round, York County residents have the opportunity to schedule a special yard debris collection for items such as limbs, branches, and clear bags of natural yard waste by calling 757-890-3780 or through our online Customer Service Request.
Curbside Yard Debris Collections
- Acceptable material size for curbside pickup is 8” diameter and 10’ feet in length.
- All residents who subscribe to the York County curbside solid waste program may schedule two yard debris collections per month (approximately 24 cubic yards) at a rate of $25 per collection. Each additional load collected within 30 days after the first collection will be an additional $100 per load. Non subscribers to the solid waste program may schedule up to two collections within a 30 day period at a rate of $75 per collection.
- Loose yard debris, grass, leaves and straw must be placed in clear bags.
- Stumps, dirt or debris with dirt, construction debris, and other materials cannot be collected.
- Scheduled materials must be at the front roadside by 7:00 a.m. Monday of your collection week.
- The VPPSA Compost Facility will accept residential and commercial yard debris deliveries of material up to a 24” diameter and 10’ length.
- All landscape contractors and residents who do not subscribe to the York County curbside solid waste program who bring yard waste to VPPSA’s Compost Facility will be charged a tipping fee of $38 per ton (prorated).
- Landscape Contractors subscribed to the county's waste program who wish to deliver material from their personal residence are allowed 4 visits (per calendar year) to VPPSA's facility without charge. Visits using their equipment after 4 trips will be charged a fee of thirty-eight dollars ($38.00) per ton.