You may be safeguarding yourself by staying in, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the library! Your free York County Public Library Card gets you access to a world of digital resources. Over the next few weeks we will be featuring them right here, on Off the Beaten Shelf.
First up: Rosetta Stone Library Solution!
Enhance your language learning goals with Rosetta Stone Library Solution. Whether you’re looking to learn a brand new language, further your ESL learning as non-native English speakers, or brush up on a language for business or vacation travel, Rosetta Stone is the perfect solution.
Your library offers free access to Rosetta Stone. All you need is your library card. Rosetta Stone Library Solution features 50 hours of foundational instruction on 30 languages that meet a range of interests, from Arabic to American English to Latin Spanish and Mandarin. Your library card gets you access to Rosetta's Stone's core lessons to build reading, writing, speaking, and listening skills, as well as focused activities to refine grammar, vocabulary, pronunciation, and more. There is even a free mobile app for iOS and Android that enable learners to reinforce language on the go.
Create an account today!
Follow these easy steps:
- Visit our Resources A-Z page, which features an alphabetical list of all of our online databases.
- Click on Rosetta Stone
- Enter your York County Public Library card number when prompted to enter a Patron ID
- Click on Rosetta Stone Library Solution
- Enter your email address as the Username and create a password.
- Select the language you want to start with from the drop down menu.
- Note: You can come back and change your option at anytime. And you can learn different languages at the same time, if you wish.
- Click on Sign In
- Click Launch Rosetta Stone® Foundations to begin your language journey.
Still have questions?
Check out our new Ask-A-Librarian online form. Let us know which library resources are giving you trouble and library staff will contact you with solutions. Visit www.surveymonkey.com/r/YCPLAskaLibrarian to fill out a request for assistance today. If you require immediate assistance, please call the Tabb Library Reference desk (757-890-5120) or the Yorktown Library Reference desk (757-890-5207) between 10 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Need a Library Card?
If you live in or around York County, Virginia, we now have a new online library card application that will give you access to our new Digital Library Card. Temporary digital card numbers will be issued to those that meet our requirements so you can still enjoy your library and our digital library resources even if you didn't have a card before we closed.