You may be safeguarding yourself by staying at home, but that doesn't mean you can't enjoy the library! Your free York County Public Library Card gets you access to a world of digital resources. Over the next few weeks we will be featuring them right here, on Off the Beaten Shelf.
Today we'll focus on RBDigital, the library's free platform for checking out eAudiobooks, eMagazines and eBooks.
What is RBDigital?
The library’s RBDigital collection offers thousands of eAudiobooks, eMagazines, and eBooks that can be downloaded to your computer, tablet, or mobile device. You can check out up to 10 eBooks or eAudiobooks with a 14-day loan period. Return items when you’re finished or they will automatically be returned at the end of the loan period. There are no limits to the number of eMagazines that you can check out and download. You also can access whatever eMagazines you check out for as long as a you have an active account with the York County Public Library.
How do I Sign Up for RBDigital?
Check out this video tutorial we just created walking you through how to get to and sign up for RBDigital:
Other RBDigital tips
- Log in to your RBDigital account by selecting Sign in and typing in your user name and password. Need to create an account? Watch the above video to learn how to Register.
- Once you find an eAudiobook, eMagazine or eBook you want to read, click on Checkout.
- Your item should automatically download to your device.
- For eMagazines: You can keep the issue of the magazine indefinitely.
- For eAudiobooks or eBooks, you have 14 days to read or listen to the item. Once the loan period is over, the item will return itself. No more late fees!
- Make sure you are using WiFi when downloading eAudiobooks, eMagazines or eBooks. This ensures your device is able to fully download the item without using too much of your mobile data.
Still have questions?
Check out our new Ask-A-Librarian online form. Let us know which library resources are giving you trouble and library staff will contact you with solutions. Visit www.surveymonkey.com/r/YCPLAskaLibrarian to fill out a request for assistance today. If you require immediate assistance, please call the Tabb Library Reference desk (757-890-5120) or the Yorktown Library Reference desk (757-890-5207) between 10 AM and 5 PM Monday through Friday.
Need a Library Card?
If you live in or around York County, Virginia, we now have a new online library card application that will give you access to our new Digital Library Card. Temporary digital card numbers will be issued to those that meet our requirements so you can still enjoy your library and our digital library resources even if you didn't have a card before we closed.