Library staff created Library To-Go Kits for those who are missing our library programs. Supplies are limited, though, so if you can't get to the library in time, we have you covered. Today we will share the content based of this week's Preschool Story Kit.
October Preschool Story Kit: Apples
Check out this list of nonfiction and fiction library books about apples
Apple Print Craft
(From the All Kids Network)
Use apples and paint to create unique art. Follow these easy directions from the All Kids Network website. This craft is not included in the kit, but is a bonus craft for those who visit the blog.
Gather the following supplies:
- 2 apples
- Orange, red and green craft paint
- Construction paper
- Knife (to cut the apples in half) *Grown-ups only!
- Paint brushes
- Paper towels
- Have an adult cut an apple in half (from the top down).
- Press the apple halves on a paper towel to drain away some of the moisture (without this step the paint doesn't stick right).
- Paint the apple halves red or orange using a lot of paint.
- Press the apples down hard on the construction paper and wiggle them just a little bit.
- Paint on some stems using green paint to finish off your apple picture!
- Optional: Cut the apple in half across the middle and look for the star made by apple seeds! Making apple prints with the apple cut this way is sometimes easier for younger children because they have a bigger area to grip onto without it interfering with the picture.
More Apple Activities