Library staff created Library To-Go Kits for those who are missing our library programs. Supplies are limited, though, so if you can't get to the library in time, we have you covered. Today we will share the content based of this week's Toddler Story Kit, for ages 0 to 4 years old.
October Toddler Story Kit: Fall on the Farm
Check out this list of library books about Fall on the Farm
Use common items to create a scarecrow face.
Gather the following supplies:
- Paper Plate
- Unbleached Coffee Filter/tan tissue paper
- Construction paper (we suggest black, yellow, and orange)
- Safety Scissors *Safety First: Ask a grown up to help
- School Glue
- Black Marker
- Have a grown up help you cut shapes:
- Your unbleached coffee filter or tan tissue paper will be cut into a hat
- Cut scarecrow embellishments out of construction paper. Think hair, eyes, nose, and hat decoration.
- Optional: For the hair, you can trace your hands and have a grown up cut out the shapes to act as the straw hair of the scarecrow.
- Glue on the eyes and nose, then the hair, then the coffee filter hat and then the hat decoration.
- Draw on a smile with the marker
Two Blackbirds rhyme
From Sunflower Storytime
We will hold up our pointer fingers for this rhyme. You can also use finger puppets if you have them!
Two little blackbirds sitting on a hill (hold up two pointer fingers)
One named Jack, (hold out right pointer finger)
And one named Jill. (hold out left pointer finger)
Fly away Jack. (place right hand behind back)
Fly away Jill. (place left hand behind back)
Come back Jack, (bring right pointer back out)
Come back Jill. (bring left pointer back out)
*kiss* muah! (have fingers “kiss”)
More Fall on the Farm Activities