Are you looking for a special and unique gift for your someone special? Look no further! The February craft kit for tweens and teens is a simple and beautiful bouquet of flowers made out of paper napkins. You can pick up the kits at the Youth Services desk at either branch starting February 1st, while supplies last. If you have any questions, contact Youth Services 757-890-5110 (Tabb) 757-890-8509 (Yorktown). This craft kit is available now (while supplies last) at the Youth Services desk at either the Yorktown or Tabb branch. Make sure to call ahead to ensure that a craft kit is available before heading to the library. You can call Tabb at 757-890-5110 and Yorktown at 757-890-3236.
Supplies included in the kit:
- 6.5x6.5 paper napkins
- floral wire
- stapler (optional)
- Unfold the napkin and cut it into 4 squares, along the folds.
- Stack the 4 squares. (You can get creative with this! Mix and match prints and solids for a different look every time).
- Accordion fold the stack, making the folds approximately 1/2 inch wide.
- Staple the folds in the middle, to hold them together. (This is optional! It works well without the staple).
- Cut the ends at an angle to create the petals.
- Take a piece of floral wire and wrap it around the middle (where the staple is).
- Be gentle with this step! Carefully pull the layers apart, one by one, to fluff up the flower.
And that's all it takes to make a paper napkin flower. Gift yours or enjoy it yourself this Valentine's Day holiday.