Summer Reading starts TODAY! If you are registered on Beanstack, you can now start logging your reading. If you're not registered, visit our Reading Challenges website to register. The goal for our middle and high school readers is 15 hours. Start logging today so you can earn prizes!
Each week of Summer Reading has a theme that the available craft kits, programs, and booklists are centered around. Here are the weekly themes:
- Week 1—Bookish Beasts: Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes
- Week 2—The Wild Side: Safari
- Week 3—Dr. Doolittle and Friends: Pets and Strays
- Week 4—No Place Like Home: Backyard Habitats
- Week 5—Read, Connect, Protect: Endangered Species and Wildlife Conservation
- Week 6—Amazing Creatures: Unusual Animals
To get you excited about Summer Reading and all things Tails and Tales, we've got a list of great non-fiction books featuring animals. Don't forget to register for the Teen programs, held every Thursday at 10:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m.!