Staff Note: Did You Know? is a series of posts about services offered by the York County Public Library.
To learn more about the services we offer - visit our website.
LearningExpress Library features nearly 1,000 online tutorials, practice tests, and eBooks to help patrons of all ages. This valuable service offers job search and workplace skills improvement, skill building in reading, writing, math, and basic science, career certification and licensure exam preparation, college and graduate school entrance test preparation, GED test prep, and more.
Now is the time to make sure you are on the right career path. Whether you are preparing for an exam that will bring your closer to your dream job or you need help finding your path, the LearningExpress Library provided by the York County Public Library is the perfect place to start.
LearningExpress Library Career Center
Are you preparing for a professional exam? Are you curious about a particular occupation or looking to improve your workplace skills? Choose the Career Center to begin your path to a bright future. Here are some of the topics available in this center:
- Learn More About a Career — Learn about different types of careers, from health to culinary arts to teaching. There is also a section just for veterans looking to transition.
- Prepare for an Entrance Exam — Prepare for the Nursing School or Allied Health Programs Entrance Tests.
- Prepare for an Occupation Exam in the following career areas:
- Allied Health — Includes dental, pharmacy and radiology assistant certifications, among others.
- Air Traffic Controller
- Civil Service
- Commercial Driver's License (CDL)
- Culinary Arts
- Emergency Medical Services
- Homeland Security
- Law Enforcement
- Postal Worker
- Nursing — Covers NCLEX-RN, NCLEX-PN and Nursing Assistant and Nurse Aid Certification tests
- Real Estate
- Join the Military or Become an Officer — Includes the following tests:
- Military Flight Aptitude Tests
- Officer Candidate Tests
- Job Search and Workplace Skills — Includes the following topics:
- Change Careers
- Conduct a Successful Job Search
- Create Great Resumes and Cover Letters
- Interview with Confidence
- Learn important Social Networking Skills
- Strengthen Your Business Writing Skills
- Succeed on the Job
York County Public Library patrons only need a library card to take full advantage of all our online resources, including the LearningExpress Library. You can access this service at home on your own computer or at the library through our public computers. To access this service, just visit our Research & Homework page and select "LearningExpress Library 3.0" from the alphabetical list. If you need help accessing this or any online resource available from the library, you can get help by coming in to either of our branches, by calling the Reference Department at 890-5120, or by emailing us at email@example.com.