Street Closures for 6th Annual YMCA Victory at Yorktown 5K, 10K & 1-mile Family Fun Run/Walk
The race is Saturday, April 4 among the historic sites at Yorktown
March 11, 2020
The Victory Family YMCA presents its 6th Annual Victory at Yorktown races, with the 5K in addition to the 10K and 1-mile Fun Run, on Saturday, April 4. These historical and scenic races begin at the Yorktown Waterfront and proceed past landmarks such as the Yorktown Victory Monument, Cornwallis' Cave, and Surrender Field. All proceeds go to help strengthen the community and keep families healthy.
The following will be closed to vehicular traffic from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m.
- Water Street between Buckner and Ballard Streets
These streets will be closed to vehicular traffic from 8:30 to 9:15 a.m. for 5K race participants.
- Read Street from Water to Main Street
- Main Street from Comte De Grasse to Ballard Street
- Church Street from the Church and Read Street parking lot to Main Street
Closed to vehicular traffic from 8 to 10:30 a.m. are:
- Water Street between Buckner Street and Comte De Grasse Street
- Comte De Grasse Street from Main Street to Water Street
- Zweybrucken Road from Ballard to Comte De Grasse Street
- NPS Tour Road from Ballard Street to Surrender Road
- Surrender Road to Cook Road
Expect traffic delays on the following streets from 8:30 to 10:30 a.m. due to the race route:
- Ballard Street from Cook Road
- Ballard Street to the NPS Tour Road
- Cook Road from Surrender Road to Ballard Street
All public parking areas in Historic Yorktown will remain open to vehicles with the exception of the Beach Picnic Area, which will be closed until 10:30 a.m. That area will be accessible to pedestrians.
For more information, call York County Tourism Development at 757-890-5900 or the Victory Family YMCA at 757-342-5338.