Status Update 05/22/2020 - The Latest from York CountyBoard of Supervisors May 19 Meeting
Commemorating Memorial Day
- The Board of Supervisors May 19 meeting was held remotely. All items on the agenda were approved including four public hearings. Meeting details are available here. Meeting replays are always available to view online. The next meeting is June 2 and is a work session with no public comment period. Individuals wishing to contact the Board members may send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or locate individual contact information on the Board of Supervisors website.
County Offices Not Staffed on Memorial Day
- The County's annual Memorial Day ceremony is not being held this year. York County's WYCG TV (Cox 46, Verizon 38) is currently airing last year's moving tribute to those who served and continue to serve our nation. The program is available to view online. Happy Memorial Day!
Court Office Taking Appointments
- York County offices remain closed to the public, although staff have been continuing to provide services to the community. In observance of the Memorial Day holiday, all offices and courts will not be staffed. Citizens are reminded that many services are available online. Read the press release here.
- Beginning Tuesday, May 26, the Clerk of Circuit Court's office will be taking appointments for the following:
- Marriage Licenses - York Co. or Poquoson residents only
- Concealed Handgun Permit Applications - NEW applications only; Renewals can be submitted via mail/drop box
- Notary Qualifications
- Criminal (Cash) Payments - CASH only; all other payments must be made via drop-box, mail, or online.
Persons needing to transact any business with the Clerk's Office should utilize the Court's website
or the telephone numbers below:
Library Launches YouTube Channel
- Deed /Land Records Division 757-890-4103
- Criminal / Traffic Division 757-890-4104
- Civil Division 757-890-4105
- Fiduciary/Probate Division 757-890-4106
- Any other Miscellaneous Transactions 757-890-3360
- The York County Public Library has launched its own YouTube channel! Visit YouTube and search for "York County VA Public Library" or click here and go right to the page. Be sure to subscribe. You'll find videos on the Library's digital offerings, Story Time, Songs & Rhymes, Poetry Readings, and so much more is being planned. Look for this logo among search results to be sure you connect with the York County VA Public Library.
- Several of our most popular special events at the Waterfront have new dates, including the following: Pirate Invasion Market (August 15), Go Green Market (September 12), and Sister Cities French Market (September 19); Blues, Brews & BBQ Festival (August 9); and Sounds of Summer Concerts (beginning July 9). Complete details, on the revised schedule are available in our press release.
When Browsing Online...
- Reminder: Recycling will not be collected on Memorial Day - Monday, May 25. Collections will be delayed one day until all routes are serviced by Saturday, May 30. Garbage collection is not affected by the holiday. For more information, visit the Waste Management website or call (757) 890-3780.
It has been brought to our attention that some citizens are experiencing browser issues when connecting with the County's website. If you are having difficulty accessing our online services, please try a different browser such as Chrome or Firefox. Due to security requirements, older versions of Windows may not work in conjunction with certain browsers. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.