County Leaf Collection Program Begins Nov. 16: Residents may also bring bagged leaves to the Compost Facility
York County’s 2020-2021 Leaf Collection Program begins Monday, November 16 and continues through Friday, January 29. Residents of publicly maintained streets can place an unlimited number of clear bags of leaves at the front roadside for collection every other week, depending on their zone:
- Northern Zone (all homes on and north of Dare Road, including neighborhoods along Wolf Trap Road, Goodwin Neck Road, and homes in and near Marlbank, Edgehill, Queens Lake, Hubbard’s Lane, Skimino, and Lightfoot)
November 16 November 30 December 14
December 28 January 11 January 25
- Southern Zone (all homes south of Dare Road, including neighborhoods in Grafton, Tabb, Brandywine, Coventry, Kiln Creek, Running Man, and Carys Chapel Road and Calthrop Neck Road areas)
November 23 December 7 December 21
January 4 January 18 January 25
Residents in private communities or on privately maintained roads may bring leaves to the closest public roadway for collection.In addition, ALL RESIDENTS may bring leaves year-round to the VPPSA Compost Facility located at 145 Goodwin Neck Road, Monday through Saturday, 8am to 4pm. Program Guidelines:
- Bags must be at the front roadside by 7am on the Monday of your collection week. Pick up will be completed by the end of the week.
- Leaves must be in clear bags, no thicker than one millimeter (no drawstrings, please!) and bags must be easy to handle by one person (max. weight limit = 40 pounds). Clear bags can be purchased at local hardware, grocery, and department stores.
- Bags containing other yard debris (sticks, etc.) and/or pet waste will not be accepted.
For more information, please visit www.yorkcounty.gov/wastemanagement or call (757) 890-3780.