Winter Hours at York County Parks
October 30, 2018
York County parks are switching to winter operating hours. Please make note of the times these parks will be available for use:
• Back Creek Park Tennis Courts (3000 Goodwin Neck Road, Yorktown, 23692) – The office will be closed from October 31 through March 21. Tennis courts are available for free play during these months by calling Parks and Recreation at (757) 890-3500.
• Chisman Creek Park (1314 Wolf Trap Road, Yorktown, 23692) – Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from September 1 through March 31. The park is subject to closure during inclement weather.
• McReynolds Athletic Complex (MAC) (412 Sports Way, Yorktown, 23693) – Winter hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. from November 1 through February 28, except when it will remain open for the conclusion of scheduled activities. The park is subject to closure during inclement weather.
• National Park Service Beach Picnic Area (800 Water Street, Yorktown, 23690) – Open until dusk each day. Restroom facilities are closed from November 1 through March 31.
• New Quarter Park (1000 Lakeshead Drive, Williamsburg, 23185) – Weekend-only hours begin November 4 and continue to March 31. During this time, the park will be open from 10 a.m. to dusk on Fridays, and 8 a.m. to dusk on Saturdays and Sundays, with park staff on site and public restrooms open. Visitors are allowed to walk and ride bicycles into the park on weekdays, but vehicles cannot be driven into the park and portable toilets available for use inside the gate. Organizations who wish to use the park for field trips and events may call New Quarter Park at (757) 890-5840 to make arrangements in advance.
• Riverwalk Landing Piers and Dockmaster’s Office (423 Water Street, Yorktown, 23690) – The public piers, Dockmaster’s Office, and adjacent restroom building will be closed from November 2 through March 31. These facilities are not staffed during the winter. Dockage is available, however water and utilities are turned off. Please contact the Dockmaster at (757) 890-3370 with any questions or reservation requests.
• Wolf Trap Park (1009 Wolf Trap Road, Yorktown, 23692) – Open daily from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. each year from September 1 through March 31. The park is subject to closure during inclement weather.
Please call York County Parks and Recreation at (757) 890-3500 for any questions regarding these or other sites operated by York County. Park closures due to weather can be viewed on the Parks and Recreation website at https://www.yorkcounty.gov/634/Parks-and-Recreation and selecting York County Parks and Recreation under “Rainout Line.”