January Fun at Your Library
Book Group Interest Meetings, Baby Bookworms,
Toddler Tales, and More!
January 3, 2019
The York County Public Library offers a wide variety of programs, activities and fun for all ages during January. All programs are free and open to the public.
The following programs are offered for adults during January. For more information, contact the Tabb Library, (757) 890-5120, or the Yorktown Library, (757) 890-5207. Programs include:
- Drop In Tech Help with our Digital Collection at Yorktown from 2-4 p.m. on January 24 and 31, and from 10 a.m. to noon on January 10, 17, 24, and 31
- Drop In Tech Help with our Digital Collection at Tabb from 4-6 p.m. on January 8, 9, 15, 16, 22, 23, 29, and 30
- Winter Pruning Tips on January 12 from 2-4 p.m., Tabb, registration suggested
- Book Group Interest Meetings on January 16 at 6:30 p.m. and January 19 at 1:30 p.m., Tabb
The following programs are offered for kids and teens this month. Registration is noted if required. Register online through the library’s Events Calendar, www.yorkcounty.gov/library
. For more information, contact the Youth Services Department at Tabb, (757) 890-5110, or Yorktown, (757) 890-3236. Programs include:
- Baby Bookworms Winter Session I, January 15, 22 & February 5, 12, Yorktown, registration required
- Tiny and Toddler Tales Winter Session I, January 14 - February 15, Tabb & Yorktown, registration begins Jan. 7
- Preschool Story Time Winter Session I, January 14 - February 15, Tabb & Yorktown, registration begins Jan. 8
- Science Sunday - Winter Science on January 6 at 2 p.m., ages 5-9, Tabb, registration required
- Kids Create - Snow Globes on January 8 at 4:30 p.m., ages 5-12, Tabb, registration required
- Snuggle Stories on January 10 at 7 p.m., families, Tabb
- Lego Lovers on January 14 at 4:30 p.m., ages 5-12, Tabb
- Makerspace - Ready to Code on January 15 at 4:30 p.m., ages 8-10, Tabb, registration begins January 4
- Lego Time on January 18 at 3:30 p.m., ages 4 and up, Yorktown
- Saturday Science - Keva Blocks on January 19, ages 6-12, Yorktown, registration required
- Makerspace - Tinkercad on January 24 at 4:30 p.m., ages 10-14, Tabb, registration begins January 17
- Paws to Read on January 26 at 2 p.m., ages 6-12, Tabb
- Footsteps in History presented by Rainbow Puppets on January 26 at 2 p.m., families, Tabb
- Monday Morning Homeschoolers on January 28 at 10:30 a.m., ages 6-12, Tabb, registration begins January 21
The Tabb and Yorktown Libraries will be closed on Monday, January 21, in observance of Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Both libraries will reopen at 10 a.m. on Tuesday, January 22.
For information on library programs, visit our website at www.yorkcounty.gov/library or contact the Tabb Library at (757) 890-5120 or the Yorktown Library at (757) 890-5207. Join us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/yorkcountypubliclibrary. Visit the Tabb Library at 100 Long Green Blvd., Yorktown, VA 23693 or the Yorktown Library at 8500 George Washington Memorial Hwy., Yorktown, VA 23692. Library hours are Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 9 p.m.; Friday, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.; Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Sunday, 1 to 5 p.m.
Through an agreement with the Williamsburg Regional Library (WRL), York County residents may utilize the services of both WRL branches: 515 Scotland Street and 7770 Croaker Road. For directions and hours of operation, call (757) 259-4040 or (757) 259-7770.