Come to New Quarter Park
New Quarter Park is now on Spring hours! We are now open Monday – Sunday from 8 a.m. to Dusk. With the weather starting to warm up, now is the perfect time to get out and explore the park. We have plenty of activities lined up for the month, so mark those calendars for the following dates.
- April 12th - The monthly Wash and Talk, led by our Park Interpreter Sara Lewis will meet at 10 a.m. in the park office. Join Sara as she cleans, sorts, and identifies artifacts dating from Native Americans all the way up to the 1800’s found right here in New Quarter Park! FREE
- April 13th – The 2nd Annual Easter Egg Scramble for children ages 5-12, will start at 4 pm at Shelter 1. You can register online with a $5 fee per child at www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec. Registration closes April 12th or until full. LIMITED SPACE
- April 20th – FREE event: The first Movie In The Park of the year will be shown 15 minutes after sunset. We will be starting off with Dreamworks Over the Hedge. For all other movie dates and titles visit the parks and rec website. Concessions available for sale.
- April 26th-27th – is the annual Spring Public Dig Days hosted by the Fairfield foundation. Help professional Archaeologist dig up the past of the park. To register for the morning or afternoon slots, email firstname.lastname@example.org. FREE
- April 27th - The monthly Bird Walk hosted by the Williamsburg Bird Club will meet at the parking lot at 8 a.m. FREE
- April 27th - Volunteers will help plant native pollinators, remove invasive species, and create seed balls for our Earth Month Butterfly Restoration Project. Register online at www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec.
- April 28th – The Pre-Ride for the Weekend on Your Wheels Youth Bike Race Series will be held at 1 p.m. at the overflow parking area. Come test out the youth bike course and sign up for a single race or for all five races. You can also register online at www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec.
For more information about any of our programs, call New Quarter Park at 757-890-5840.
NOTE: As always, for weather related cancellations please call our RainoutLine at 757-890-3501 extension 35 for events, extension 34 for disc golf course, or extension 33 for trails at New Quarter Park. You may also visit our RainoutLine webpage.
See you at the park,