May 7, 2019
Amateur Photographers! Here is your chance to show off your photographer skills AND the beauty of York County at the same time. Prizes will be awarded for first, second, and third place in each category: ages 13 to 17 (teens) and ages 18 and up (adults). Contest Rules
- Amateur photographers only
- All entries must be original photography. Violators of copyright will be disqualified.
- Limit of two entries per person; individuals may not win more than one prize.
- Photographs should have been taken during the past year.
- Theme: What makes York County a great place in which to live and work.
- Deadline: May 31. Winners will be announced in June.
- Submit your entry information online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/YCPLDIGPHOTO. Then send the photograph as a .jpg or .gif to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos should have a minimum resolution of 180 pixels per square inch and should not exceed 5 MB.
- Photos must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- No watermarks, copyright notices, or signatures allowed.
- The photographer must obtain permissions if the image includes an identifiable individual.
- By entering the contest, you give ownership of the image(s) to the York County Public Library.
- Entries will be published on social media and the YCPL website in June.
For more information, please call the Tabb Library – (757) 890-5120 – or the Yorktown Library – (757) 890-5207. This program is funded by the York County Arts Commission. Get Tips from a Professional
Want to get a few tips before submitting your work? Attend our FREE Digital Photography 101 class with local photographer Jim Pile. The class is scheduled for Monday, May 20, from 6 to 7 p.m. at the Yorktown Library, 8500 George Washington Memorial Highway. To register, visit the library’s Events Calendar at www.yorkcounty.gov/library
or call (757) 890-5207.