This Weekend at New Quarter Park
Hello All,Disc Golf at New Quarter Park:
Happy August to everyone and don't forget to print out a copy of the calendar of events to post on your fridge!
Have you tried...???
If you have ever tried your hand at this fast growing sport, you should! It was Mark Twain who said that "Golf is a good walk spoiled," but there's just too much beauty throughout the park's regionally acclaimed course for you to let that happen...no matter what your score.
Need some help getting started? Just stop by the park office and the attendant on duty will give you a course map, explain how the game is played, and even sell you a disc or two if you are interested. So consider enjoying a good walk in the great outdoors even MORE with some fun Disc Golf here at the park!
Disc Golf Fees:
- York County Residents - $3 per round (18 holes) or $25 annual pass
- Non-Residents - $5 per round (18 holes) or $50 annual pass
Upcoming Programs at New Quarter
- Next Friday, August 9: Wash and Talk Led by Park Interpreter, Sara Lewis, from 10 a.m. to 12 noon. Join Sara as she cleans, sorts, and identifies artifacts dating back to the 1700's found right here in New Quarter Park. You will be fascinated by the many interesting things you will learn from Sara about what these artifacts tell us. Parents, be sure to bring your school aged child with you to enjoy this opportunity as well!
- Saturday, August 17: BYOK! (Bring your own Kayak...or Canoe): 9:00 a.m. to 12 noon. Participants should arrive that morning by 9:00 a.m. and then drive one mile to the put-in site with staff. The paddle will take place on beautiful Queens Creek, with opportunities to perhaps see Ospreys, Egrets, Great Blue Herons and Bald Eagles along the way. The group will launch together by 9:20 a.m. for the approximately two and a half hour trip.
- Saturday, August 17: Movie in the Park! We will be showing that children's favorite, Disney's Frozen starting at sunset (roughly 8:00 p.m.) on the softball field right behind the park office. Bring blankets and chairs to sit on. The movie is free of charge and concessions will be available for purchase at family-friendly prices.
For more information about any of our programs, call New Quarter Park at 757-890-5840. To register for upcoming programs go to www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec.
NOTE: For weather related cancellations, please call our RainoutLine at 757-890-3501 and use extension 35 for events, extension 34 for the disc golf course, or extension 33 for trails at New Quarter Park. You may also visit our RainoutLine webpage.
See you at the park,