October 29, 2019
Beginning Tuesday, November 12 and continuing through Friday, January 31, residents may place an unlimited number of clear bags of leaves at the front roadside for collection every other week. For leaf collection purposes the county is divided into two zones:
- Southern Zone includes all homes south of Dare Road, including neighborhoods in Grafton, Tabb, Brandywine, Coventry, Kiln Creek, Calthrop Neck Road neighborhoods, Running Man, and Carys Chapel Road area. Collection weeks for the Southern Zone will be:
November 18 December 2 December 16
December 30 January 13 January 27 (Final Sweep)
- Northern Zone includes all homes on and north of Dare Road, including neighborhoods along Wolf Trap Road, Goodwin Neck Road, and homes in and near Marlbank, Edgehill, Queens Lake, Hubbard's Lane, Skimino, and Lightfoot. Collection weeks for the Northern Zone will be:
November 11 November 25 December 9
December 23 January 6 January 20 (Final Sweep)
In order to ensure collection, bags must be at the front roadside by 7 a.m. on the Monday of your collection week
. Pick up will be completed by the end of the week. The following rules apply:
- Bags must not exceed 40 lbs. in weight
- Only clear bags are collected. Bags must not have drawstrings nor be more than one millimeter thick
- Bags containing other yard debris (sticks, etc.) and/or pet waste will not be accepted
Residents who live in private communities or on privately maintained streets or roads may bring leaves to the closest public roadway for collection. In addition, ALL residents may bring leaves year-round to the VPPSA Compost Facility located at 145 Goodwin Neck Road, Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m.
For additional information, please call York County Waste Management at (757) 890-3780.