Parks and Recreation Offers
Parents Day Out, Holiday Crafts, Howlidays Dog Stroll, and more
November 26, 2019
York County's Parks and Recreation division offers a variety of activities this holiday season. Registration for all events is available online at www.yorkcounty.gov/parksandrec. For more information, please call (757) 890-3500.
Saturday, December 7
- Need a break or have last minute holiday shopping to do without the kids? Our new program - Parent's Day Out - is from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at Dare Elementary School (300 Dare Road). Drop off your kids grades K-5 so that they can enjoy fun-filled skating, games, crafts, and a move with popcorn! Please register by December 2. Fee is $20 per child.
- 10:00 a.m. - Drop Off/Stations
- 10:30 a.m. - Holiday Craft
- 11:30 a.m. - Lunch (bring your own)
- 12-2 p.m. - Skating/Board Games
- 2:30-4 p.m. - Disney's “The Nutcracker and the Four Realms” (2018) with popcorn
- 4:45-5 p.m. - Stations/Pick Up
Thursday, December 12
- Enjoy making holiday wreaths and baskets out of natural materials at the annual "Holiday Make and Take" at New Quarter Park (1000 Lakeshead Drive) at 10 a.m. Participants can also enjoy holiday cookies, hot cider, and cocoa to toast the season. Space is limited for this free program, but you must register in advance no later than December 6. You are encouraged to bring with you any pine cones or evergreen branches you might have from home. Donations of materials are appreciated.
Friday, December 13
- Enjoy refreshments while you unwind at our Natural Holiday Wreath Making Workshop from 6-8 p.m. at the Senior Center of York (5314 George Washington Memorial Highway). Participants will make a 14-inch frame wreath from provided natural materials. Deadline to register is December 10. Fee is $20 per person.
- Need to do some holiday shopping for the kids? Drop the children off at our Grinch's Night Out in the Martin Luther King Jr. building at Charles Brown Park (1950 Old Williamsburg Road) from 6 to 10 p.m. Drop off your kids ages 5-12 so they can have fun with a Grinch-filled time of dinner, games, crafts, and a movie. Please register by December 6. Fee is $15 per child.
Sunday, December 15
- 6:00 p.m. - Drop Off/Stations
- 6:30 p.m. - Dinner (Green Eggs and Ham)
- 7:00 p.m. - Crafts and Games
- 8:15 p.m. - "The Grinch Movie" (2018)
- 9:45-10 p.m. - Stations/Pick Up
- Join the fun as we celebrate our dog friends with the "Howlidays Dog Stroll" at Kiln Creek Park (2901 Kiln Creek Parkway) from 1 to 3 p.m. In addition to strolling around the park with your dog, you can also visit booths sponsored by local pet vendors and others. Santa will stop by the park to take pictures, so dress up your four-legged friends in their holiday finest! Dogs must stay on a leash (maximum length six-feet) at all times. Space is limited, so please register by December 9. Fee is $10.