The Division of Building Regulation is responsible for monitoring all types of building construction in the county to ensure that it meets minimum code requirements and the expectations of occupants for structural integrity, workmanship and safety.
"News and Announcements"
The Division of Building Regulation objectives are:
- To receive and review residential and commercial building plans for structural, plumbing , mechanical and electrical requirements.
- To provide comments and code requirements to builders, developers and citizens of the County.
- To conduct inspections on all buildings under construction and buildings hazardous to the public within the jurisdiction.
- To enforce the County building regulations and related codes.
- To coordinate and consult with Public Safety Officials, Health Department and State Building Code Officials.
- To receive fees and process receipts from permit activities.
- To coordinate with Virginia Power and Virginia Natural Gas on all power and gas installations.
- To prepare monthly and yearly reports on all building activities.
- To provide guidance and administrative support to the Building Code Appeals Board.
- To provide assistance to other departments, agencies and commissions.
- To provide expert testimony for litigation.
Other initiatives include training of sub-contractors who are not members of the Peninsula Home Builders Association and to meet with the Builders Association on a quarterly basis.