- Voter Registration
I need to . . .
- Find out about Local Redistricting
- Register to vote or update my voter registration information -- Register to vote online, or download a form here to complete, sign, and mail to our office.
- Confirm I am registered to vote -- Confirm your voter registration here.
- Find out where I vote on Election Day -- Find your location here.
- Vote absentee, by mail -- Apply online or download an absentee application here to complete, sign, and send to our office.
Potential June 20, 2023, Primaries
The Democratic and Republican parties have called primaries to choose nominees for certain offices. York County is entirely in State Senate District 24. Depending on where you live, you are either in House of Delegates District 69 or 86. You can find which district you live in by visiting the Department of Elections website.
Interested in being a candidate in 2023?
The offices that will be elected in York County in 2023 are as follows:
- Virginia Senate (Senate District 24)
- Virginia House of Delegates (The County is split between House District 69 and House District 86.)
- York County Board of Supervisors (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- York County School Board (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- Clerk of the Circuit Court (shared with Poquoson)
- Commonwealth's Attorney (shared with Poquoson)
- Sheriff (shared with Poquoson)
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Member of the Soil and Water Board (York County elects two members)
The Department of Elections has a page that provides interested citizens with information on how to run for office, including links to instructions and forms.
You can also come into our Washington Square office and pick up a paper packet.
Election Information Available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean
- Spanish - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/es/
- Vietnamese - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/vi/
- Korean - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/ko/
York Alert Service: Election Alerts
For several years York County has offered the York Alert service, which allows residents to get alerts about weather conditions and other emergency situations facing the County. Now, through our office’s cooperation with the York County Office of Emergency Management, you can get urgent election alerts. Sign up by clicking here.
Do you want to serve your community as an election official?
You can volunteer by completing an Officer of Election Form.
J. Richard Rawls, Chair
Constance R. Jones, Vice Chair
Sandra L. Molineaux, Secretary
United States Election Assistance Commission
Virginia Department of Elections