I need to . . .
- Find out about Local Redistricting
- Register to vote or update my voter registration information -- Register to vote online, or download a form here to complete, sign, and mail to our office.
- Confirm I am registered to vote -- Confirm your voter registration here.
- Find out where I vote on Election Day -- Find your location here.
- Vote absentee, by mail -- Apply online or download an absentee application here to complete, sign, and send to our office.
* REDISTRICTING NOTICE *
The Virginia Department of Elections is mailing out new voter notices to all voters. These notices will have each voter's districts for the U.S. House of Representatives, the Virginia Senate, the Virginia House of Delegates, the Board of Supervisors, and the School Board. They will also let voters know which precinct they are in and where they go to vote if they choose to vote on Election Day.
Some voters do not notify us or the U.S. Post Office when they have moved. If you receive a voter notice for a voter who no longer lives at your address, please write “Return to Sender” on the notice and place it back in your mail box. This will help us maintain accurate voter registration lists.
Interested in being a candidate in 2023?
The offices that will be elected in York County in 2023 are as follows:
- Virginia Senate (Senate District 24)
- Virginia House of Delegates (The County is split between House District 69 and House District 86.)
- York County Board of Supervisors (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- York County School Board (Districts 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5)
- Clerk of the Circuit Court (shared with Poquoson)
- Commonwealth's Attorney (shared with Poquoson)
- Sheriff (shared with Poquoson)
- Commissioner of the Revenue
- Member of the Soil and Water Board (York County elects two members)
The Department of Elections has a page that provides interested citizens with information on how to run for office, including links to instructions and forms.
You can also come into our Washington Square office and pick up a paper packet once the candidate bulletin for November 2023 is published by the Department of Elections. We anticipate this document will be available soon.
Election Information Available in Spanish, Vietnamese, and Korean
- Spanish - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/es/
- Vietnamese - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/vi/
- Korean - https://www.elections.virginia.gov/ko/
York Alert Service: Election Alerts
For several years York County has offered the York Alert service, which allows residents to get alerts about weather conditions and other emergency situations facing the County. Now, through our office’s cooperation with the York County Office of Emergency Management, you can get urgent election alerts. Sign up by clicking here.
Do you want to serve your community as an election official?
You can volunteer by completing an Officer of Election Form.
J. Richard Rawls, Chairman
Phillip C. Wolf, Vice Chairman
Sandra L. Molineaux, Secretary