Team up with K-12 school communities to spark wonder and curiosity about nature, elevate environmental literacy, and inspire emerging decision makers.
Engage K-12 students in outdoor experiential activities and authentic earth stewardship on school grounds during school and beyond.
Empower and equip K-12 teachers to weave outdoor activities and experiences into and across the curriculum.
- Recruit and provide guidance and support to local community volunteers who are excited about the mission of this program. (Volunteer opportunities exist to fit any schedule.)
- Assist teachers with hands-on learning activities that draw students outdoors for nature observation, inquiry, journaling, stewardship, art, critical thinking, crowdsourced data recording, problem-solving, fitness, systems thinking, mindfulness practices, etc.
- Facilitate teacher access to guest speakers, field equipment, grants, and program resources.
- Advise and assist school communities with development and stewardship of their school’s native plant habitat and outdoor classroom spaces.
- Champion innovative community relationships amongst schools, PTA/PTSA/PTO’s, Extension Master Gardeners, Virginia Master Naturalists, student groups, and other agents of change.
Contact us via email at SchoolyardHabitatsOutreach@gmail.com