Show off your photography skills and York County in our 2019 Digital Photography Contest. The theme for 2019 is Celebrate York County, and we are looking for entries from teens and adults that highlight why York County is a great place to live and work. Prizes will be awarded for first, second and third place in each category. The teen category is for ages 13 to 17 years old; the adult category is for ages 18 and up.
- Amateur photographers only
- All entries must be original photography. Violators of copyright will be disqualified.
- Limit of two entries per person; individuals may not win more than one prize.
- Photographs should have been taken during the past year in York County.
- Entries should highlight aspects that make York County, Virginia, a great place to live and work.
- Deadline: May 31, 2019. Winners will be announced in June.
- Submit your entry information online at www.surveymonkey.com/s/YCPLDIGPHOTO.
- Then send the photograph as a .jpg or .gif to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Photos should have a minimum resolution of 180 pixels per square inch and should not exceed 5 MB.
- Photos must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- No watermarks, copyright notices or signatures allowed.
- The photographer must obtain permissions if the image includes an identifiable individual.
- By entering the contest you give ownership of the image(s) to York County Public Library.
- Entries will be published on social media and the YCPL website in June.
Have questions about the contest? Call Tabb Library at 757-890-5120 or Yorktown Library at 757-890-5207. This program is generously funded the Arts Commission of York County.
Get Tips from a Professional
Want to get a few tips before submitting your work? Attend our free Digital Photography 101 class with local photographer Jim Pile. The class will be held from 6-7 p.m. on Monday, May 20, at the Yorktown Library, 8500 George Washington Memorial Highway, Yorktown, VA 23692. Register through the Events Calendar or call the Yorktown Library at 757-890-5207.