The VPPSA Compost Facility 145 Goodwin Neck Road, Yorktown is temporarily closed to the public. During this closure, citizens should utilize the County’s Curbside Yard Debris Collection program by calling 757-890-3780 or through the online Customer Service Request.
In the interim, County staff will do its best to provide limited service. Citizens and local contractors with essential yard waste disposal needs who are delivering these materials to the Waste Management Center will be directed to an alternate location on-site to drop off limbs, branches, and clear bags of natural yard waste.
Rules for Curbside Yard Debris Collections
- York County residents have the opportunity to schedule a special yard debris collection for items such as limbs, branches, and clear bags of natural yard waste by calling (757) 890-3780 or online through the Customer Service Request portal - www.yorkcounty.gov/813/Customer-Service-Request.
- Acceptable material size for curbside pickup is 8" in diameter and 10’ in length.
- All residents who subscribe to the County’s curbside solid waste program may schedule two yard debris collections per 30 day period (approximately 24 cubic yards) at a rate of $25 per collection. Each additional load picked up within 30 days after the first collection will cost an additional $100 per load. Non-subscribers to the County’s solid waste program may schedule up to two collections within a 30 day period at a rate of $75 per pickup.
- Loose yard debris, grass, leaves and straw must be placed in clear bags.
- Stumps, dirt or debris with dirt, construction materials, and other items cannot be collected.
- Materials placed for scheduled collections must be at the front roadside by 7 a.m. on Monday or your collection week.
Residents dropping off metal items (such as appliances, bicycles, etc.) should follow any onsite instructions provided by the scale operator.