While the York County Public Library has reopened to the public, in-person programming is currently on hiatus. But YCPL Youth Services staff are excited to offer Activity To-Go Kits, which let you take home a little bit of library fun.
September Kits Schedule
The September kits will be available for pick up during our operating hours at both the Tabb and Yorktown Libraries. A different kit will be featured each week:
- Science Kit: Grow Crystals (ages 5-12): Available Sept. 1-Sept. 5
- Preschool Story Kit: Colors (ages 2 ½ to 5): Available Sept. 8-Sept. 12
- Pirates Week is Sept. 15-Sept. 19: All ages can enjoy a recorded story time, scavenger hunt and themed activity kit.
- Craft Kit: Ojo de Dios (ages 5-12): Available Sept. 22-Sept. 26
- Tiny & Toddler Story Kit: Getting Dressed (ages 0-4): Available Sept. 29-Oct. 3
All September kits include a themed book list and an activity; the craft and science kits also include supplies and instructions for an experiment or craft. Links to the main content from the kits will also be made available on the library’s blog, at www.yorkcounty.gov/libraryblog. Kits are available on a first-come, first-served basis and are in limited supply. Interested patrons should plan to call the Youth Services before coming to pick up a kit to ensure their preferred kits are still available. Contact the Tabb Youth Services desk at 757-890-5110 or the Yorktown Youth Services desk at 757-890-3236. Curbside pickup of Activity To-Go Kits is available on request.
The York County Public Library is opened at reduced hours during the pandemic. Our operating hours are from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesdays through Thursdays and from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays. The library is closed on Sundays and Mondays. Masks are required to enter the building. Visitors are asked to observe social distancing and make use of the provided hand sanitizer stations. For more information about our reopening guidelines, visit www.yorkcounty.gov/library.