York County Public Library is continuing the phased process of returning to full service. As of May 30, 2021, the Yorktown Library is closed for renovation and expansion. The Tabb Library is open to the general public Monday thru Thursday from 10 am to 7 pm and Friday thru Saturday from 10 am to 5 pm. The Tabb Library is closed on Sunday.
An outdoor book drop is now available at the library's new Grafton Annex located at 5751 George Washington Memorial Highway. (The Grafton Annex is the building that previously housed Fire Station 1 before its move to Dare Road.) The book drop is located at the rear entrance to the Grafton Annex. To utilize the book drop, library patrons will need to access the parking lot from Grafton Drive, which is a through street that runs behind the facility.
Here’s what you can expect when visiting the Tabb Library:
- Masks or other face coverings are not required to enter the Library.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols will continue.
- Hand sanitizer is available.
- Patrons are encouraged to practice social distancing guidelines while in the library.
- All computers are available.
- Notary service is available by appointment only. Call the Reference Department at Tabb, (757) 890-5120, to make an appointment.
- In-person library events, programs, and activities are expanding at Tabb.
- Study rooms are available, but meeting rooms are not available at this time.
- Book drops are open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
For the health and safety of all, please do not visit the Library if you have COVID-19 symptoms, have been exposed to someone who tested positive, or are waiting for COVID-19 test results. For the latest COVID-19 information, visit York County's COVID-19 Connection.