Celebrate bugs at our 3rd Annual BugFest on Saturday, May 14, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Grafton Middle School. We'll have live bugs, insect displays, Bug Talks, local experts with bug facts, crafts, activities, bug-themed story times and more! The desert truck from our friends at Sweet Frog will be on-site with cold treats available for purchase, too. This event is free and open to the general public.
Bug Talks will take place in the Grafton Middle School Kiva. Morning and afternoon talks will be 15 minutes long. The Amazing Honey Bee talk will be 30 minutes long starting at 11:45 a.m.
- 40 Mosquito Species?! by York County Mosquito Control
10:05 a.m. and 12:20 p.m.
- Tick Talk by Old Dominion University Tick Team
10:25 a.m. and 12:40 p.m.
- What in the World is a Master Naturalist? by The Master Naturalist
10:45 a.m. and 1:00 p.m.
- Story Time by York County Public Library
11:05 a.m. and 1:20 p.m.
- Man vs. Insect: The 1855 Battle for Hampton Roads by York County Public Library
11:25 a.m. and 1:40 p.m.
- Amazing Honey Bee by Colonial Beekeeper Association
11:45 a.m. to 12:15 p.m.
BugFest is sponsored by York County Public Library, Mosquito Control, and Parks & Recreation. For more information contact: Mosquito Control at 757-890-3790, Parks & Recreation at 757-890-3500, or the Tabb Library at 757-890-5100.
Grafton Middle School is located at 405 Grafton Drive, Yorktown, Virginia.