BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
COUNTY OF YORK
September 21, 2021
301 Main Street
Call to Order
Pastor Ben Carr, Waters Edge Church
Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag of the United States of America
1 American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). Receive presentation from the Finance Staff on the American Rescue Plan Act.
2 Williamsburg Area Transit Authority Paratransit Service and Demonstration Route. Receive presentation from Zach Trogdon, Executive Director, concerning the paratransit service and lower York County Demonstration Route.
CITIZENS' COMMENT PERIOD
COUNTY ATTORNEY REPORTS AND REQUESTS
COUNTY ADMINISTRATOR REPORTS AND REQUESTS
MATTERS PRESENTED BY THE BOARD
6:55 p.m. RECESS
7:00 p.m. PUBLIC HEARINGS
UNFINISHED BUSINESS None.
3. Approval of Minutes. Consider approval of the minutes of the following meetings of the York County Board of Supervisors:
4. Refund of Real Property Taxes – Priority Automotive Williamsburg, Inc. Consider adoption of proposed Resolutions R21-109 to authorize a tax refund to Priority Automotive Williams-burg, Inc. for the Tax Year 2021.
5. Firing Range Upgrade in Conjunction with the Hampton Roads Criminal Justice Training Academy (HRCJTA). Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-113 to approve the agreement with HRCJTA allowing them to invest in upgrades to the firing range in exchange for use for law enforcement training.
6. Appointment to the Head Start Policy Council. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-117 to appoint members to the York County Head Start Policy Council.
7. Establish and Maintain Formal Structure for Program Governance. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-118 to establish and maintain a formal structure for program governance, for the oversight of quality services for the York County Head Start children and families and making decisions related to program design and implementation.
8. Employee of the Quarter. Consider adoption of Proposed Resolution R21-114 to commend and congratulate Amber N. Richey, Children and Family Services Manager in the Department of Community Services, on her selection as the Employee of the Quarter.
9. Commendation of a Retiring Employee. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-121 to commend Master Deputy, John Graca, York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, on the occasion of his retirement from County Service.
10. Commendation of a Retiring Employee. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-122 to commend Deputy, Sean Robinson, York-Poquoson Sheriff’s Office, on the occasion of his retirement from County Service.
11. Commendation of a Retiring Employee. Consider adoption of proposed Resolution R21-123 to commend Melinda Maples, Department of Social Services, on the occasion of her retirement from County Service.
NEW BUSINESS None.
Regular Meetings and Work Sessions of the Board of Supervisors that are held in York Hall air live on WYCG-TV Cox Cable Channel 46, Verizon Channel 38, and live on-line at www.yorkcounty.gov/tv.
The next Regular Meeting of the York County Board of Supervisors will be held at 6:00 p.m., Tuesday, October 5, 2021, in the Board Room, York Hall.
NOTE: Actions taken by the Board of Supervisors pertaining to discussions in Closed Meeting or to issues not on, or unrelated to, this published agenda will be noted in the archives of this meeting.