In order to minimize the risk of exposure to COVID-19, York County Public Library has decided to cancel all meeting room reservations through April 30, 2020. We are not accepting reservations for future dates at this time either.
The Library's meeting rooms are governed by the York County Board of Supervisors' Policy BP94-14, Use of County Buildings. The Library has two meeting rooms available for organizations to use. There are 13 tables and 60 chairs available in the Yorktown Library meeting room. The Tabb Library meeting room has 80 chairs and 14 tables. Both rooms have a LCD projector and projection screen.
Use of Meeting Rooms by Organizations
- The meeting rooms are available at no charge for public gatherings of cultural, civic and educational organizations.
- They are not available for events of a social or personal nature (e.g. birthdays, parties, showers, funerals, receptions, banquets, recitals, playgroups, reunions, graduations, etc.).
- The meeting rooms are not available for fundraising activities or dance/music recitals, unless the event is sponsored by the Library.
- Groups are prohibited from charging admission or fees, accepting contributions, soliciting donations, or taking collections of any kind.
- Groups, other than government groups, may schedule one meeting per month for a maximum of four hours. On the day of, or after, your current meeting, groups may schedule a meeting for the next month or a subsequent month within the next 90 days.
- Groups can only have one meeting scheduled at any given time.
- Room reservations may be made in person at the Library, by fax or via the online reservation system.
Use of Meeting Rooms for Business Meeting/Seminars
The meeting rooms may be used by businesses or professionals for the conduct of business or informational meetings or seminars provided that such events are open to the general public, no admission is charged and there is no implied obligation for attendees to obtain goods or professional services from the presenter. Business and professional users are required to pay the following fees and charges:
- Reservation Deposit: $25 (creditable toward room rental fees). Reservations shall not become effective until the Reservation Deposit is paid. After receiving your room request, the Library will contact you concerning the required fees.
- Room Rental Fee: $50 base fee, plus $15 per hour for every hour or portion thereof beyond 2 hours.
- Extraordinary Clean-Up Fee: $50, or the actual cost if greater. Extraordinary clean-up is any clean-up that requires additional staff or specialized contractors or resources above and beyond that which is typical as a follow-up to a scheduled event.
- Payment of Fees: Full payment of the required fees for the entire time slot reserved must be paid no later than 14 days in advance of the event date. No refunds will be made for cancelations unless written notice (letter or email) is given at least 7 days prior to the reserved date. Furthermore, no refunds will be made for fees associated with any unused portion of the reserved time.
- Scheduling: Businesses or professionals may schedule one meeting/seminar per month for a maximum of four hours. On the day of, or after, your current meeting, you may schedule a meeting for the next month or a subsequent month within the next 90 days. You can only have one meeting scheduled at any given time.