Traffic Court

Payment News

As of May 1, 2013, payments will no longer be accepted on any moving violation summons. Juveniles will need to appear on all such charges.

Rules & Guidelines

  • A parent or legal guardian must accompany juveniles to Court.
  • Accidents involving juveniles are not pre-payable.
  • Certain violations called pre-payable traffic infractions may be prepaid at the Clerk's Office if prepayment is permitted by the chief judge, and if the juvenile wishes to plead guilty and not contest the charge.
  • If prepayment is permitted, the Clerk's Office should be called to find out the fine and costs and information where to mail or deliver the signed waiver of trial form (on front of summons) with the fine and costs. If prepaying by mail, the yellow summons should be signed by the juvenile and a parent or legal guardian, and the signature of the parent must be notarized.
  • Juveniles charged with traffic infractions are heard by the Juvenile and Domestic Relations District Court.
  • Prepayable offenses must be paid prior to the court date; prepayments will not be accepted on the day of Court.

Different Date Request

Need a different date? You can call the Clerk's Office at 757-890-3470 to request continuing the case to the officer's next available date in our Court.