This agency offers a unique service - a Prevention Program designed to help families who are finding themselves having difficulties with their children. For example, you may be struggling with any of the following situations:
- Your child is not himself/herself and you don't know what's wrong.
- The needs of your infant are becoming overwhelming.
- Your child's school has called you with concerns.
- Your child "flies off the handle" and becomes aggressive. He/she is no longer the child he/she used to be.
- You are afraid.
- You are a single parent who feels overwhelmed.
- Yours is a two-parent household and the two of you have begun fighting a lot.
- You are worried and upset because your spouse or partner is mean to your child.
- You and your spouse are separated or divorced and your child is suffering.
- You know that things aren't right with your family, you're worried, and your child is upset, but you don't know how to make it better.
Our prevention program can help. Here's how it works:
- First, we do an assessment to determine strengths, risk and needs of your family.
- Then, we discuss and explain our assessment results with you.
- Next, we make recommendations so that you can make things better.
- If necessary, we make referrals to experienced, trustworthy providers in the community.
The Prevention Program is free of charge, voluntary and confidential.